Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Law
Practicing in the areas of bankruptcy and business reorganization, Ms. Cioni has represented Ch. 11 and Ch. 7 Trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, examiners, creditors committees and debtors in a wide range of bankruptcy related matters and litigation. Ms. Cioni also represents plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation.
Recent Representative Matters
- Represent national banks and lenders in a wide variety of bankruptcy matters in both Ch. 11 and Ch. 7 bankruptcy cases ranging from Complex Ch. 11 reorganization cases to single asset Ch. 7 liquidation cases.
- Represent secured creditors in obtaining relief from the automatic stay, cash collateral disputes and contesting the confirmation of plans of reorganization.
- Represent creditors and Trustees in 363 sales.
- Represent Ch. 7 Trustees in a wide variety of bankruptcy matters including claims litigation and prosecuting avoidance actions under Chapter 5 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represent Ch. 11 Trustee in a wide variety of bankruptcy matters including 363 sales.
- Represent various creditors committees in complex chapter 11 cases in a wide variety of bankruptcy matters.
- Represent an Examiner in a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
Education Experience and Affiliations
- University of Illinois-Urbana/Champaign (B.A., 2002).
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 2005).
- Admitted to practice before the United States District and Bankruptcy Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.
- Member, State Bar of Texas.
- Member, Dallas Bar Association.
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author, with Steven A. Felsenthal, of Buying and Selling Properties in Bankruptcy, presented at the State Bar of Texas, Advanced Real Estate Law Course, June 29-July 1, 2006, in San Antonio, TX.