Cliff I. Taylor is a shareholder of Stutzman, Bromberg, Esserman & Plifka, P.C. Mr. Taylor was admitted to the Texas bar in 2003. He received his B.A. from Columbia University in 2000 and his J.D., cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law in 2003. Before joining Stutzman Bromberg, Mr. Taylor clerked for the Honorable Laura Carter Higley of the Texas First Court of Appeals.
Areas of Practice
- Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Finance;
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Commercial Reorganizations
- Debt Restructuring
Mr. Taylor has extensive experience representing clients in myriad business transactions. A representative sampling of past transactions include:
- Representation of a large Canadian integrated oil company in a joint venture relating to exploration and development activities in the Outer Continental Shelf, Gulf of Mexico with an entity owned by the People’s Republic of China;
- Representation of a United States based manufacturer with respect to the initial public offering of its parent corporation on the Gre Tai Securities Market;
- Representation of a major real estate development company in the corporate restructuring of a real estate enterprise operating in Europe and western Asia;
- Representation of a Florida based produce company with respect to its domestic operations and its foreign operations in South America;
- Representation of purchaser in acquisition of major airline service provider;
- Representation of Connecticut based entrepreneur in connection with foreign and domestic acquisitions;
- Representation of Maryland based entrepreneur in connection with the acquisition, organization and capitalization of a senior dental services provider;
- Representation of purchaser of a major telecommunications company, including equity structuring, employment matters, and enterprise organization;
- Representation of real estate development entrepreneur with respect to formation and organization of enterprise structure, equity structuring, and employment matters;
- Representation of Dallas based real estate development company with respect to organization and capitalization of special purpose entities for the development and operation of real estate projects.
In addition, Mr. Taylor has represented creditors in numerous notable bankruptcy cases, including numerous appeals to the United States Circuit Courts of Appeals. Mr. Taylor also has experience in briefing and motion practice before the Supreme Court of the United States.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- President, North Texas Chapter of International Network of Boutique Law Firms
Publications and Presentations
- Contributing Author, Collier on Bankruptcy
- Contributing Author, Collier's Bankruptcy Practice Guide
Education and Experience
- Columbia University (B.A. 2000)
- Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2003)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Laura Carter Higley, Court of Appeals, First Supreme Judicial District of Texas (2003-2004)
- Admitted to practice before: Supreme Court of the United States; United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, and Eastern Districts of Texas.
- Texas Rising Stars® by Thomson Reuters 2010-2017