Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation (including bankruptcy litigation)
- Commercial Leasing Transactions
Trial and appellate representation of institutional and international clients in disputes before state and federal courts, emphasizing commercial disputes related to real estate, lending transactions and complex bankruptcy litigation. Advice and counsel with respect to all aspects of commercial leasing transactions, including negotiation and preparation of leases and related documentation and dispute resolution.
Recent Representative Matters
- Assist commercial landlords in cost-effective resolution of lease disputes through negotiation, alternative dispute resolution and litigation.
- Representation of international commercial inventory lender in full range of borrower disputes, including pursuit of sequestration and other extraordinary remedies to recover and safeguard collateral.
- Representation of institutional owners of commercial real estate in negotiating and drafting leases for office, retail and industrial properties.
- Extensive trial and appellate briefing of complex legal issues on behalf of mass tort claimants in bankruptcy reorganization proceedings.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Education and Experience
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.A., with honors and distinction, 1985; M.A., 1986)
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors 1989); The Review of Litigation, Editor-in-Chief (1988-1989)
- Admitted to practice before: United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Eastern Districts of Texas