Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
Representation of creditors in financial reorganizations, including representation of creditors committees.
Recent Representative Matters
- Represent Official Tort Claimants Committee of Unsecured Creditors in chapter 11 cases.
- Represent provider of floorplan financing in litigation to recover under financing agreements and guaranties.
- Represent distributor of direct-broadcast-satellite television systems in litigation to recover chargebacks of commissions due to customer deactivations.
- Represent landlord in litigation arising from wrongful termination of lease by United States Government.
- Represent creditor defending preference action in Chapter 11 case.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Education and Experience
- Oklahoma State University (B.S., 1969)
- University of Oklahoma (M.H.R., 1985)
- University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with honors, 1990); American Indian Law Review, Member (1988-1990), Editor-in-Chief (1989-1990); Order of the Coif; Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Evidence; Phi Delta Phi
- Admitted to practice before: United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Ninth Circuits; United States Court of Federal Claims; and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of Texas