Areas of Practice
- Real estate acquisition, development and sale
- Business ownership structures
- Real estate and corporate debt and equity finance
Representation of national/international real estate developers: acquisition, finance, development and sale; advice and counseling regarding ownership structures and general corporate counsel work associated with such development companies.
Recent Representative Matters
- San Jose, California; Negotiate construction, permanent loan and equity financing for $100,000,000 High Tech Office Complex.
- Denver, Colorado; Negotiate sale for $52,000,000 newly completed in town apartment complex; for which I previously negotiated the construction and equity financing.
- Ft. Lee, New Jersey; Negotiate acquisition of $35,000,000 raw land for multi-use development.
- Milan, Italy; Negotiate land acquisition for 370 billion lire development with previously negotiated multi-project European limited liability company acquisition and development venture.
- Negotiate and structure numerous business entities; partnerships, corporations and limited liability companies.
- Draft high-level employment engagement and termination settlement documents.
Activities and Affiliations
- Inner City Social Worker, School Teacher - Philadelphia
- Navy Officer in charge of shipboard division of 60 men: Vietnam (1968-1969)
- Toured Western and Eastern Europe by motorcycle
- Nationally ranked bicycle road racer
- Pennsylvania and Texas 25 mile T.T. State Champion
- Avid contemporary art enthusiast: Poetry, Fiction, Theater, Film and the Visual Arts
- Former Dallas Opera Board Member
- Former Minister of Education and past President for Dallas alternative art center, The McKinney Avenue Contemporary
- 2005 Texas Monthly Super Lawyer
Education and Experience
- The Pennsylvania State University (B.S., 1966); Phi Eta Sigma, Alpha Phi Omega
- Georgetown University (J.D., 1974)