Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Transactions (including acquisition and sale of real property, office buildings, hotels, oil and gas properties, leasing, licensing and financing)
- Corporate (including asset acquisitions, shareholder disputes and agreements and other corporate formations and formalities)
- Construction (including assisting in dispute resolution and preparation of contracts)
Advice and counseling with respect to (1) real estate transactions, including negotiating and preparing purchase and sale contracts, construction contracts, licenses, leases, financing, management agreements, loan documents, entity selection, and reviewing title reports and surveys; (2) commercial asset; (3) acquisitions; corporate negotiation of employment and shareholder agreements and resolution of shareholder disputes. Assist in resolving disputes for local construction companies. Prepare construction contracts for owners and local construction companies.
Recent Representative Matters
- Represent client in purchase and sale (like-kind exchange) of apartment complexes.
- Represent client in negotiations for sale of hotel.
- Represent client in development, management, leasing, financing of retail shopping center.
- Represent several real estate investment trusts in leasing.
- Represent local construction companies in contracts and negotiations of disputes.
- Represent owners for office and retail construction and renovation.
- Represent client in acquisition of assets, negotiation of shareholder and employment agreements.
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas; Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law, Business Law and Construction Law Sections
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Vice-President of Legal and Board Member of OU Club of Dallas
- Director, Shoal Creek Board of Directors
Education and Experience
- The University of Oklahoma (B.A., with distinction, 1986); President’s Honor Roll; Dean's Honor Roll; Phi Beta Kappa Honor Fraternity; Golden Key National Honor Society; Alpha Lambda Delta
- The University of Oklahoma College of Law (J.D., with distinction, 1989); Dean’s Honor Roll; Phi Delta Phi Honor Fraternity; American Jurisprudence Awards in Real Estate and Regulated Industries
- Attended Oxford University, Oxford, England (1987)
- Judicial Intern to Justice Robert Simms, Supreme Court of Oklahoma (1988)