Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
Successful representation of debtors, committees, examiners, trustees and creditors in all manner of complex and simple bankruptcy cases, covering the full range of day-to-day bankruptcy and litigation matters, adversary proceedings and contested matters, recovering tens of millions of dollars for estates and creditors.
An experienced trial lawyer, I have appeared before bankruptcy and federal district courts around the country, as well as in state courts, appellate courts, and in regulatory and arbitration proceedings. In addition to bankruptcy and general litigation, the substantive areas of my varied experience have included director and officer liability, insurance coverage, products liability, personal injury, medical malpractice, construction, trademark issues, securities litigation, commercial mortgage backed securities, RICO, white-collar and blue-collar criminal defense, False Claims Act, and corporate compliance issues.
Recent Representative Matters
- Texas Rangers (representation of the Office of Commissioner of Baseball).
- ASARCO LLC and various ASARCO subsidiaries (counsel to creditors committee for litigation matters).
- General Motors and Chrysler (certain creditors).
- Congoleum Corporation (certain creditors).
- TIC United Corporation (lead counsel to Chapter 7 Trustee).
- AmeriTruck Distribution Corporation (counsel to Chapter 7 Trustee).
- AHERF (counsel to Tenet Healthcare Corporation for certain litigation matters).
- Friede Goldman (counsel to Debtor for certain matters).
- ICH Corporation (counsel to Lone Star Liquidating Trust).
- National Gypsum (counsel to ACMC for certain litigation matters).
Activities and Affiliations
- Texas Super Lawyer 2005 to present
- Master, Hon. John C. Ford American Inn of Court
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- New York State Bar
Education and Experience
- The University of Texas School of Law (J.D., with honors, 1987)
- Iona College (B.A., cum laude)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Hayden W. Head, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas (1987-1988)
- Admitted to practice before: United States Supreme Court, New York State courts, Texas State courts, United States Courts of Appeals for the Second, Third, Fifth and Tenth Circuits, and United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas