Areas of Practice
- Bankruptcy and Business Reorganization
- Creditor’s Rights
- Corporate and Commercial Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Securities and Corporate Finance
- Construction Law
Representation of business clients in commercial and corporate matters, including representation in commercial litigation and business bankruptcies.
Recent Representative Matters
- Regional counsel for international inventory lender in dozens of proceedings seeking recovery of collateral and repayment of loans.
- Represent national telecommunications company in corporate matters, including contracting, asset purchases and acquisitions.
- Represented national real estate company in lease dispute with federal government.
Activities and Affiliations
- Elected Member of the American Law Institute
- Vice-President and Board Member, Young Audiences of Greater Dallas, Inc.
- Corporate Counsel and Board Member, DallasReads (the Dallas Adult Literacy Council)
- Member, ArtsPartners Advisory Council
- Advisory Board, Dictionary of Texas Art
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Publications and Presentations
- Author, Civil Procedure: A Functional Approach
- Contributing Author, Collier on Bankruptcy
- Contributing Author, Collier’s Bankruptcy Practice Guide
Education and Experience
- Georgetown University (B.S.F.S., cum laude, 1969); Phi Beta Kappa
- Duke University (J.D., with distinction, 1972); Staff, Duke Law Journal
- Columbia University (LL.M., 1977); Jervey Fellow in Foreign Law; Intern, Cour de Cassation, Paris; Intern, Conseil d’Etat, Paris
- Hague Academy of International Law (Certificate in International Law, 1977)
- Formerly, Professor of Law, Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Formerly, Visiting Associate Professor of Law, The University of Texas School of Law
- Admitted to practice before: The Supreme Court of the United States; United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit; United States Court of Federal Claims; United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas.