Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation and Arbitration, primarily investments, real estate and construction.
Civil litigation, in both Federal and Texas State Courts, of contract, fraud and statutory claims. Regular representation of property owners, secured lenders and contractors on matters related to building construction, use and sale, including acquisition agreements, mechanic’s liens, lis pendens, restrictive covenants, oil and gas interests and zoning.
- Broad range of collection and real estate enforcement actions.
- Collected over $200,000,000 in real estate loan collateral, while pursuing creditor’s rights in both civil and bankruptcy courts and defending related lender liability claims.
- Secured complete title to oil and gas interests for an international investor.
- Enforcement of a Texas Judgment in South Korea.
- Domestication of foreign Judgments in Texas.
- Invalidated the zoning ordinances of the Town of Westlake, Texas, in 1993 on due process and equal protection grounds.
- Various successful appeals in both Federal and Texas State Courts
Activities and Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
Education and Experience
- University of Michigan (B.A., with high distinction, 1979)
- Case Western Reserve School of Law (J.D., 1982); Delta Theta Phi (Dean of Case Western Reserve Chapter, 1980-81);
- Case Western Reserve Law Review (1980-1981)
- Admitted to practice before: The Supreme Court of the United States; United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Fifth Circuits